Monday, October 08, 2007

The 100km Bike ride



You can't do it.
There's no way in hell you can pull this off.
You'll faint in the middle.

If you do finish it, your legs will hurt so much that you wont be able to move.

Okay, if you have do it, learn about how to do it.
Practice longer rides.
Eat right
Train.

Okay, it sounds like a challenge, but you can do it.

Okay, so I've started the thing, no point looking back, let me do my best.

Alright, more than halfway there, I don't feel like I can not do it any more.

I have done it, I have really done it.

Pinch me, is it real ?

Yes it is ! I have completed the 100k "Wilson HTM Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge" and in under 5 hours including breaks !!!

A lot went in to it of course, practicing longer rides on the weekends, bicycling 4-5 days a week for at least an hour. Its a great feeling and it is yet to sink in.

May be I don't want to sink in because it wasn't challenging enough. Well, it was a bit of a challenge, especially the saddle sores !! But now, I have the conviction to be better at it, perhaps stronger and faster.

All in all, this marks the final nail in the coffin of a thought process revolving around weight (fat) and food. By finishing this event, I have proved to myself that I'm no longer in that mindset.

And that is how I know now, that come what may, Fitness and Good nutrition are here to stay.

No comments: